Friday, November 20, 2009

Gypsy Laura and the Bean Bag diaries....

I've done the study abroad and back pack around Europe thing...being a gypsy is not a glamorous job. Yet somehow my friend Laura Mac has managed to be a modern gypsy lady this semester....in Florida. Being a 5th year senior, a double major and a working lady has its ups and downs for her. Ups being a badass internship in London this summer, downs being her recently stumble into gypsy-dom.

For the last month or so Laura has been my little off again on again downstairs roommate. (My townhouse has 2 chicks upstairs and me down). I'm diggin the whole having a roommate down here thing. Well in my dining/living room, we have this excellent bean bag bed thing....this nook is Lauras bedroom.

When I show Mac (Laura) the excellent amenities shes entitled to, the first thing she says to me is "My own room!" yey! ...greatness. After a few days roomie Wynn reassures Mac that she isnt intruding by telling her  "you're kinda like furniture". How sweet.

After a few weeks Mac decides she doesnt want to wear out her welcome and migrates to her old roomie Mandys place....Mistake.  After being kicked out of one bed so people could have sex  in it she gets in a huge fight with Mandy over the house key , long sotry short....Poor Gypsy Laura, come home to your nook.

Now Laura Mac has taken off to south Fl to prepare herself for the journey into the real world, in Ohio. I will miss my gypsy friend...but I will have the constant shift of my accent to a drunken northern lady to remind me of her every time I joke around. yayayaya babaganoosha yay...

No comments:

Post a Comment