Looking back at this blog, its quite undeveloped compared to others I've previously written. I attribute this tid bit to the creatvie writing courses I took this past semester. I was channeling all of my good stuff into pieces for class, alas no room to push it out twice. The CB for Ad team also took its toll,
but she's here and shes b-e-a-utiful.
Here in lies my problem....I have so many friends who have graduated but cannot find jobs. I know the economy is in the canyon right now, but still...these people are amazing. They are talented, ambitious, and great at what they do (mostly advertising people). So whats wrong with these places that are hiring? What are my friends doing wrong?Is it that the friends either don't want to relocate, haven't moved to the city (L.A. or NYC etc.) or have too many ideas/options for what it is that they want to do?
Maybe.
I just recently helped one friend edit her resume, and another vent about why she isn't moving off to another state to pursue a perfectly good job (she has another opp. closer to home). It's strange, but it gives me a little hope. The friend with the resume has an interview tomorrow morning, the friend who didn't take the job has the opp. now to be in on a company from inception to amazing.
Lesson to be learned: Some things just don't happen the way you expect them to. Be it because you're too creatively inclined (with your resume, book, writing samples etc.) or because you want to take a chance on something that isn't a sure thing, sometimes what you get out of those are the best experiences. Take Chiat for example. I got that internship during the worst week ever last spring. I had to pay to travel to and live in L.A. all summer. And pay to come back. I paid to work. I worked 4-5 days a week, sometimes until 1am to finish things up.
Expensive, but completely worth it......Inception to Amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment