Monday, April 5, 2010

The Blue Light has nothing to do with K Mart

Way back when, in November, I was desperatly emailing human resource folk in  NwhyC  for informational interviews...most of them were like Hell yea come on chicky...but one stood out.

She said she had experienced FSU ad students before blah blah and blah and that "Mediocrity would not be Accepted"....and did I still wanna interview?

My thoughts:

1. Who is this woman!?!?!?!
2. I like her cut to the point/cut the throat approach...
3. Yes, yes I love your company and I would like to meet.

While in the city I had 7 interviews, 3 of them were excellent, but this one in particular was great. I kept in contact, despite the woman kind of rcking my tires a bit over the course of the next few months.

Friday I was offered a paid internship in the planning department for this summer.

Moral of the Story:
Never back down when you want something, because wanting something bad enough may make you stand out and make you the best for the job....

Cheers.

PS The "Blue Light" is a term my friend Justin passed on to me...it implies that things just happen to work out, so don't worry because ya gots the blue light.

No comments:

Post a Comment