Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Compass, encompass , whatevs

Sitting in class this evening I had an epiphany. I pull my chap stick out of my bag.....my chap stick looks like a glue stick....I decide to get up to go to the bathroom, no big deal class hadn't actually started yet. There is a sign on one of the stalls, "Out of Order"....someone has cleverly written on it , "Really? Still?" and another "A sigh of the times"....

No, that's not the epiphany...but somehow this thought triggered me to start doodling things down on my notebook...I am no to-do lister by any means, but I started. I wrote about how I am Jacks paranoid over worked hyperventilating lack of lung capacity, compasses-less lung capacity.

The I thought about it, if that sign were in
  • UCD it would be : Clean/Public Relations/it would be spell checked and in the AP style...
  • UCC: drawn on...probably turned into an ad
  • Fine ARts: more colorful...perhaps no sign at all, just some dada influenced empty, doorless bathroom stall...maybe even Duchamp'ed a bit with the "out of order" signed on the toilet itself.
  • E school: untouched...engineers are afraid of fucking things up....Freud blames their parents.
This sign was funny to observe, but amazing for my brain to take part in recreating it elsewhere on campus. For chirsts sake, its just a stupid sign.

I walked back to my seat in Dodd hall. BTW I was in Williams when I saw the sign, ie creative writing kids everywhere. This for some reason trggered a few ideas....

In the description of a planner, in every description, it says  that the planner is very inquisitive, a real "Why?" asker....my thing is, I always ALWAYS ask "Why Not?"...not Why. This led to another thought..."Oh shit, maybe I am a creative after all.....a strategic thinking creative"....Yahtzee....

So now I return to my true self, my roots, my "passion"....Why can't I have an empire state of mind in the city that sleeps on the beach? A psychic once told my mother I would run away to California....I did it once, why not do it again? Or New York....thinking back I fucking love that place. Or London...I've never been but it sounds bloody amazin.

So I have a compass....I am still applying to VCU/Miami Ad...but I am no officially on the job hunt. F that noise, I wanna work.... Compass is in my hand, even though it's still spinning, I feel a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment