Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Refresh What?

Walking to class this morning my hyper-sensitive advertising engrained eyes noticed something funny/interesting/sad....As I dredged along, bundled up christmas story style (it was 23 degrees...in Florida....) up a hill and through a parking lot, I passed a ditch. This ditch is next to fraternity row, if you will, so you can imagine that every Tuesday/Thursday there are different interesting/gross/strange things of the alcoholic/party/skanky persuasion in and around it.

I should have taken a picture of it, but I was running late. As I passed the fence surrounding the ditch, there is an empty fast food soft drink cup stuck upside down on top of the chain link prongs. it's a pepsi cup. It has the refresh everything branding on it. Vote for what you care about etc etc etc......So do you care about the environment? Probably not if the cup is just chilling on a fence....this brought me back to a blog I read the other day...they said that the refresh everything campaign would either be the greatest thing since sliced bread, or the worst thing since global warming, or something like that.....ironic that this generation chose to litter when we are all so "green"....trend reports tend to forget that just because a consumer wants to be one way / sees themselves one way doesn't mean they actually are that way.....

And that todays rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment